MUR1660 Question.

Original poster: Robynsaddiction-at-aol-dot-com

Hello,

        I am building a half bridge, and am ready to install that MUR1660
diodes. However, I have a question about installation. The case is TO-220;
pin 1 & 3 are anodes, while pin 2 is the cathode. Anyhow, I am just
wondering how the middle pin can just be neglected. For instance, in my
Plasma Sonic board the only legs of the case that are soldered to the board
are the two anodes. The (K) cathode was clipped. Did I get the wrong diodes
or what? -Richard