RE: troubleshooting guide

Original poster: John <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Criticism is always a way to know at least someone listened.

<<not that it covers all problems (I'm sure we haven't found them ALL
yet>>

Yes, I can see your logic in that area and it is somewhat apparent that
there is always the unseen.

<<not to sound sarcastic, but we do have a guide. It's called the
TCML Archives. ;-)>>'

The Archives are a great resource but it is quite unwieldy to someone just
starting in TC's. You kind of need to know what your looking for.Example of
this would be topload height, power arcing (gaps) , or over-coupled ribbon
primaries wielding secondary turns together. When you first starting
coiling did you have a idea of any of these?
  Another point is that the Archives have the same problem as the internet,
too much information rather than the lack of it. If you do a general search
of "Quenching" in the Archives, I can guarantee that you will be bombarded
by more then your share of useless information.

I also remember reading of problems including erratic behavior (turned out
to be a cap puncture) numerous out of tune coils and of course crap gaps (
like my first gap :) .
It might save time and patience.

Showing my cousin
what hurts more than an outlet,