RE: Improvement to audio modulated SSTCs?

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >Hiss is
 >present up to about 3MHz and then it almost disappears.

You should hear my SSTC ;) It runs at only 180kHz and when I audio modulate
it, it produes awful hisses and crackles, kind of like listening to
shortwave radio. This is even when running off regulated power supplies with
~10mV ripple.

My modulation is probably quite poor (I'm just injecting the audio into the
PLL's VCO pin) and I'm sure I could get it louder with less distortion if I
used a better method like high level modulating the DC link voltage. But the
hiss and crackle would still be there.

http://www.scopeboy-dot-com/tesla/dwsstc/audiomoddivx.avi

(you'll need the DivX codec)

Steve C.