RE: Inverse conical primary

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

There is no reason to use a conical primary at all.  The steeper the
angle, the greater the coupling will be (assuming the height of the
innermost turn is a constant).  But with coupling, more is not
necessarily better, and it's easy to have too much.  A flat primary will
give adequate coupling if the secondary is sufficiently close -
generally when the plane of the primary is even with the lowermost
secondary turn.

Gary Lau
MA, USA