Re: SSTC toroid?

Original poster: "teri mckenney" <mck-at-ezy-dot-net>

  Hello all,
I don't think there's a lot of heat at the base of a streamer.I was playing
around with stretch wrap on my toriod and it doesn't burn or melt or
anything.It does raise the breakout voltage though.And if placed on the pie
plate center like I did, it will hold a charge for a few seconds before it
bleeds thru the wrap to ground.
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/plastic%20wrap.JPG
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/on%20top.JPG
Bill Mck.

 > Furthermore, i have never experienced heating of the toroid that was not
 > due to the sparks themselves heating the surface.
 >
 > Steve

 > >and after only ~30 seconds of operation the whole dryer duct toroid was
 > >nearly smoking hot.  It wasn't due to the discharge, which stayed in
 > >pretty much one spot
Chris