ferrites on lines?

Original poster: "Shaun Epp" <scepp-at-mts-dot-net>

I just aquired some ferrite beads.  They are 1 1/8 inch long x 1 inch OD x
1/2 inch ID.  I was thinking of putting them on the hv wires between the NST
and the Terry filter.  Has anyone else done this or have any knowledge of
there use.  They should, in theory, attenuate the RF from getting into the
NST.  There application was for a fire alarm system, one turn around the
ferrite to reduce interference.  I don't have any specs.   The neon sign
wire is a little thick for this so I was just going to put the wire through
them.

What do you think.

Shaun