Re: nst's

NST's are center-tap grounded.  You can not connect two in series to get 12
kV.  The insulation will fail almost immediately if you do this.

The HV insulation to ground will not withstand a 200% overpotential.

You can do this with MOT's, even up to 3 if you put them in an oil tank and
float the grounds.

Dr. Resonance