SSTC design procedure

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Dear all,
           I would be interested to learn the following from the SSTC
community on the list:

(1) what is your design procedure for the actual pri-sec setup (i.e.
do you just build something and live with what you end up with, or do
you choose a particular Lp for such-and-such a reason, Ls for some
particular reason, and so on....)?  I'd be interested to know which
approach you take and if the latter, the general procedure you use.

(2) What is the general balance between "calculate" and "pray" in
your final results?

Needless to say, I have reasons for asking and it has nothing to do
with design piracy ;)  There was another question I wanted to ask as
well but it's slipped from mind for the time being. I may post a
further query later.

Thanks,
Malcolm