Re: Copper toroid

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

I have found that the better you polish copper, (or any metal) the longer it
takes to tarnish/corrode.  The 4" flat primary that I built in 95 is just
starting to cloud up.  That one was taken to a mirror finish before I wound
it.

David E Weiss

 > Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>
 >
 > I've seen steel wool to cause plastic to rust. A simple wipe down may do
it,
 > but will probaly inadvertently deposit body oils on it causing rather
quick
 > corrosion to the copper.
 >
 > ---Eric

Cu