Re: really cool link to so cool effect's

These experiments can be done with safety.  We train our TC museum
presenters to do it --- and it's done in several museums nationwide up to 3
times daily using our equipment.

Now the bad news.  A shark diver's metal mesh suit is required which costs
around $8,500 new and $3,800 used so it's an expensive procedure.  They wear
the shark suit with metal mesh head cover and metal mesh matching gloves.
The demonstrator can wear a suitable non-flammable suit or costume over the
shark suit but one has to be trained to do the demo in a certain fashion to
preclude any danger of fire in the costume.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913

 > Hi,
 >
 > Most people that do the human fireball stunt learned it directly from
 > others.  That way they could learn the many "important tips" like not
 > setting your hair on fire or not pulling an arc off your nose...  As far
as
 > I know, Henry Transtrom was the "first" person to do the trick.  Transtrom
 > was a electrical engineer and showman with vast knowledge of AC high
 > voltage electricity.  He was well skilled to "try it first".  Of course,
he
 > was also the "first" to get killed....
 >
 > Tesla may have done similar things, but I think Transtrom is the person
who
 > really made the "big show".  Of course, Tesla got the crap shocked out of
 > him in 1895 by a 3 foot power arc to his shoulder which almost killed
 > him.  His assistant snapped the power off instantly saving him...
 >
 > Forgive if we all get pretty scared when people start asking about sitting
 > on coils or playing with arcs.  There is a vast amount of really bad
 > information out there and the possibility of somebody casually trying and
 > dying is high.  The expert's really only claim to fame is that they have
 > not died yet...  It is sort of like Robert Knievel teaching somebody how
 > do motor cycles stunts.  He may be the best at it, but...
 >
 > Also, today's Tesla coils are significantly more powerful than the
 > cardboard and plate glass coils of yesterday.  A relatively small NST
 > system can easily rival the usual stunt coils of times gone by.  Unlike a
 > kid in the 50's wiring up a coil to make 6 inch arcs.  Today, the same kid
 > can push 6 foot arcs!!  As we get better at making coils, the dangers also
 > increase...  In general, touching arcs in anyway is just not safe at all
 > and we are not real anxious to help people try.
 >

 > Cheers,
 >
 >          Terry
 >

 > At 03:26 PM 5/14/2004, you wrote:
 > >I'm not trying to call anyone a coward, but the statement that it should
not
 > >be done by some1 who has never done it before doesnt make sense. Someone
did
 > >it and succeeded first. Whats the whole point of giving advice on how to
do
 > >it then telling people to hire someone and just sit by and watch.
 > >
 > >---Eric

MAXIMUM
 > > > threat. One wrong arc to a grounded object and you are toast....
also