Jim mitchell's solid state tesla coil board

Original poster: "Arpit Thomas" <arpit-at-inzo-dot-org>

Hi, I got Jim's sstc board today, and was wondering whether anyone has
assembled it yet. I don't really understand how it all works, This will be
my first attempt at a sstc.Has anyone got it working successfully? what
What is the purpose of the 2 big variable resistors? IT seems to me that
one of them is connected right across the supply, so if was using an 80 amp
5 volt supply and st the pot to minim resistance itd be impressive to say
the least. ANy tips would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Arpit THomas