Re: really cool link to so cool effect's

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > The electrical suit needs to conducts hundreds of amps of RF and possibly
 > 10k's of amps at 60 Hz for those that really screw up.  I don't think
 > costume style chainmail is an option.  There are HV electrical suits that
 > can fend off terrible electrical hazards that would be best.  But they
cost
 > $$$$!!
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 >          Terry
 >

 > At 10:27 AM 5/16/2004, you wrote:
 > >You can get chainmail suits from certain stores selling stuff made to
look
 > >like its from the middle ages. They dont cover full body but cover the
chest
 > >to the elbow and down to the knees. A kid at school wears one regularly,
I'd
 > >assume you can get chainmail hoods also.
 > >
 > >---Eric

Some interesting points brought up by this discussion:

1) Shark suits are, in my recollection, made of stainless steel. They're
designed to be used in salt water after all.  SS isn't the most wonderful
conductor, but, on the other hand, it's probably good enough

2) Costume chain mail probably comes in a variety of forms.  If it's
metallized plastic, it would look ok, hang and drape reasonably realistic,
but be a lot lighter, and worthless for electrical (or shark) protection.

3) Some of the price differential between made to order shark suits and
costume chain mail might be for liability insurance.  A mfr of a shark suit
has to have, in the back of their mind, that the wearer is going to be
intentionally jumping into lots of sharks with a propensity to bite
(otherwise, why have the suit... you could go in without it if they we'ren't
in a biting mood.. like the "shark petting" exhibit at the Long Beach
Aquarium).  Sooner or later, someone's going to come to grief wearing a
shark suit, and their heirs or insurance company, looking for someone to
help pay the bills....

However you look at it, though, this is a stunt for someone who's going to
spend some serious time contemplating it.