Re: Current Transformer Use

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Snipperzz...

>  So if I get a 0-150 amp
>ammeter that only has 5 amps of movement I should be able to
>accurately measure up to 150 amps with this ammeter in combo
>with the 150:5 current transformer, right?
>
>Thanks,
>David Rieben

that is correct David...   but I wouldnt say accurately measure...
analog meters are usually +/- 5% error at best, some even as bad as 20% error.

be sure to get a meter marked for the proper type of current being
measured...   be it AC or DC....   I found out the hard way that it does
make a difference.

Scot D