Re: Tesla Coil RF interference 2

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 5/20/04 7:44:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Transmitters use to be Spark Gap type transmitters way back when.  The
Titanic had a spark gap transmitter as I recall.  I wonder if an LC circuit
could be attached to a TC spark gap and transmit on a certain frequency.  I
just did some calculations and I get 900 MHZ with 1pf cap and 3 turns of
.018 dia. wire .125" OD .250" long.  Wonder if a cell phone would pick that
up.  I might build an LC circuit on my TC for a certain radio frequency and
see if it will transmit to a radio.   I did a little research on spark gap
transmitters it seems to be only a spark gap connected to an LC circuit
with an antenna.   Simple technology.

Gary Weaver
gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.

Simple technology and absolutely illegal, though you might get away with it
once or twice. Spark gap transmitters were outlawed decades ago.

Matt D.