Re: Wiring suggestions

If you're using 240V, then why not use a grounding plug with the two hots
and ground?  You can make 120 from 240V inside your box if you need it with
a small transformer or other means.

Anytime someone talks about creating a piece of high power electrical gear,
and doesn't connect a "safety ground" at the same time, I get a bit nervous.
(aside from it being pretty blatantly "not to code"... the only cases I can
recall where you don't need an explicit ground connection, tied to the power
ground in some fairly reliable way, is with permanently installed appliances
where the grounding is assured by "other means").

Yes, they DO sell plugs that have three blades and no ground, but they're
for special purposes, and their use is deprecated on new equipment.

The ground stake may be fine for RF (although maybe not...), it's not
sufficient for electrical safety purposes, unless you've separately run a
wire to the electrical system grounding point and bonded it sufficiently
you're taking your life (or someone else's) life in your hands. (that
doesn't mean a 24AWG cliplead, but is a "exothermically welded" or "approved
pressure connector" sort of thing)

The correct plugs and receptacles are too cheap to fool with trying to
cobble together something else.  If you're running enough power that you
need 30Amp service (i.e. you're not just running a single NST, etc.) then
you need to make the $20-40 investment in the right plug and receptacle.
That AWG 10 power cord is going to set you back that much if it's very long.