Re: Homemade PCBs!

Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

My point was that I've found through personal experience that what I can't
afford to pay for, I usually CAN afford the time to make.. That's the way
it goes when you're in college.. ;)

- Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation"

I wouldn't necessarily say cheaper. Remember, there is more than the cost
of materials involved, there is also your labor and time.
A good rule of thumb is to base your time on your regular salary rate. So
if you made $30.00 an hour in your daytime job and this
took you 2 hours, then you already have $60.00 in cost.

$65.00 for a 10x14" board or whatever Jim said does seem like a very good
deal indeed.

Dan

If you want to go even cheaper, it is possible to use the toner transfer
method to get your artwork transferred to a baord.. They beauty of this
system is that you only need some semi-glossy paper, a laser printer, and
an old iron..