Just about

Original poster: Nir Weingarten <nirzvi-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Cheers everyone and happy Yom ha'etzmaut (If you
celebrated it).

I am days away from compilation of my first tesla-coil
on witch I have been laboring all year, but first
there are a few issues I must salve but don't know
how:

My coil is a simple 0.93 meter PVC pipe (1 meter
total) coiled with 0.41 wire as secondary with an 5 cn
radios Iron ball as a discharge terminal, around it at
about 30 cn is the primary coil which is a 93 cn high
copper refrigeration pipe turned six times held by
wooden sticks and barb wire (The wood is covered with
a special material to prevent arcing due to humidity).
I use a 12 kv 3 ma NST that I rigged from a friend of
main and my spark gap is two wires exposed at the end
covered with a glass jar.

A. How, where and to where does my circuit mains
ground?
In according to my plans the circuit simply connects
to the earth at the secondary and at the NST but I
don't know if I should connect both components first
or just stick them separately in the bare soil,
further more I don't know from where to main ground in
the NST (from the secondary, primary, to open the NST
and from there??)

B. What are the ppropertiesof the capacitor I need
(Farads - capacitance, RF rresistance?)...)
considering that I get 50 hHzat my home network.

c. Should I be worried about the 'self capacitance' of
the secondary coil (I really don't know what it is,
but my PVC pipe is not 100% sealed)

Thank you all
I assure you that your help will not be in vain!

Nir Weingarten, Israel

=====

Best wishes

                                               Nir(NOT NEAR) Weingarten