Update

Original poster: "Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

During a lucid moment within my illness, I tried another adjustment
to my coil (aka:"Kong"), in which I jumped out 3 of the capacitors
in my MMC, bringing it up to 8.3nf total.  Cranked it up, and the
streamers went from the previous varying 8-18 inches to a frequent
strike distance of 20 inches... looks like I'm closer to the "sweet
spot" than ever before.  Even the number of streamers jumping off
the toroid simultaneously are more numerous.

Side note: I've noticed that the screws that hold down the primary
support brackets have a FAINT corona glow on them during operation,
including ones previously coated with hot glue.  Anybody figure
these to be a significant loss of "bang" power?  Or is it just an
annoyance?

...time to go lay down a while... I'll check back later.

--
Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux
cajuncoiler-at-msbdatasystems-dot-com