RE: Best cap size for a sync gap

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I doubt that the nature of the load is significant, as the charging is done
before the gap fires and the load is connected.

I think the issue may be that the "recommended" value may have been derived
from simulations which do not take into account the non-linear behavior of
the NST when the volume is set to "11".

BTW, there was a typo in my original post.  The line:
If I calculate the relative bang size with a simple scale-less formula of
C*V*V (mV*uF*uF), I get
Should have read:
If I calculate the relative bang size with a simple scale-less formula of
C*V*V (uF*mV*mV), I get

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA