RE: Very HV transformers

Original poster: "Paul Marshall" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I got a 140kV 50kVA X-ray power supply from and oly medical supply house
(Free) The only proble is that they are very heavy. 1200 Lbs.

Paul S. Marshall

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Very HV transformers
>Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:50:29 -0600
>
>Original poster: pepperman-at-softhome-dot-net
>
>I've seen several people mention getting various HV transformers
>that come from unusual sources (e.g. from X-ray machines).  How
>do you manage to get ahold of these (I'm especially wondering who
>you ask), and how much do you usually pay for them--or do you
>somehow scavenge them?  Also, how do you use transformers
>with such incredibly high voltage for Tesla work, if you do?  (I
>remember a mention of a 90 kV transformer at one point!)
>
>Michael Johnson

Messenger  -  Wer in Echtzeit kommunizieren will, lädt den MSN Messenger.
Cool, kostenlos und mit 3D Emoticons: http://messenger.msn.de