RE: Best cap size for a sync gap

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Hi John:

I don't have another 15/60 NST to compare against mine, but I do have a
pair of 15/30's.  It would indeed be interesting to compare results.  My
to-do list is growing daily, it may be a long time before my coil ever
produces sparks!

BTW, I'm not sure I saw the voltage reversal mode you spoke of at any time
with all of the differing Cp's.  I did note that when the phase was way out
of whack, I would see the gap firing at 60 BPS, with the voltage
necessarily reversing polarities, but I assume you were talking about
something occurring at 120BPS?  The mains current at 60BPS was
breaker-tripping!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA