Re: newbie question - spark gap and toroid

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Ho Shu Huang : Aluminum has a major problem. As the power arc 's the surface
oxygen combines with the metal forming an insulating coating that will stop
the electric current. The arc contacts should be conductive of copper,
nickel or tungsten. Bronze or brass work well if cleaned from time to time.
The connecting wires should be large enough to carry the current.
      Robert   H