Re: newbie question - spark gap and toroid

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Ho Shu Huang : Aluminum has a major problem. As the power arc 's the
surface
oxygen combines with the metal forming an insulating coating that will
stop
the electric current. The arc contacts should be conductive of copper,
nickel or tungsten. Bronze or brass work well if cleaned from time to
time.
The connecting wires should be large enough to carry the current.
       Robert   H"

	That's not my experience here.  I have an aluminum gap I made with
large cooling fins and half-inch diameter discharge surfaces and it
works very well.  In "the good old days of spark", RSG's commonly used
aluminum rotors.

Ed