Re: Hi Power Discharge "Disruptive"

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Chris:The TC coil used by most coilers is a double tuned pulse operated
resonant circuit. First the secondary is wound to provide a self resonant
circuit of high Q with around 1700 turns and a frequency of 100 to 200 Kc.
Then the primary is wound and enough capacitance is added to match ther
secondary frequency. A high turns ratio between the primary provides a high
voltage step up of around  100:1 with the added resonant boost to provide
some where around a Mega volt with 20 Kv input. The input is provided by a
Dc or low frequency Ac power supply of 50-60 Hz. The input slowly charges a
capacitor to a high voltage. At some point the spark gap ionizes and the
capacitor and primary coil are connected in parallel to resonate until the
mass charge in the LC circuit disipates. Durring this time the power source
is disconnected by its reactance or a series choke coil preventing a power
arc. The spark gap conducts several cycles of oscilation of the high
frequency power discharge of the capacitor in and out of the coil as the
circuit rings with 400 amps or so of current inducing voltage into the
secondary. The secondary peak voltage is stored in a large capacitive hat  (
toroid) untill the charge is sufficient to provide a spectacular discharge
into the air.
   This system is exactly the same system Tesla used at the turn of the
century, only the size is less as few of us have a Colorado damb or Niagra
falls power source to light our neighborhood   .....   so farr.......
          Robert   H