Re: MOT leakage

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Borislav: The microwave transforrmer is made to supply a lot of power in a
small space usualy 1 amp at 2100 volts.  This makes it  noisy, If you use
plastic or aluminum to mount it this will reduce the noise. Steel will make
noise. Some list members mount the transformer in an oil filled can. This
reduces the noise but may be messy. You may find the 1N4007 a little low in
current so a 3 amp diode may be a better choice to withstand your surge
current in a 400 ma supply. Your diode is rated at 1 amp. That is only twice
your expected load.
    Robert   H