Re: Sync Motors Herbach-dot-com

Original poster: "Bunny Killer" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hey All..

I had tested the motor I recieved from Herbach   ( the 8.00$ one  part
number TM92MTR2041/c )  and found it to lock at 90 degree sectors    now
heres the weird part...  it will do this when there is no load on the
shaft...   I built the spark gap and mounted the rotor and now for the bad
news...   it does as Scott sez   it locks at multiple points around the
cycle...  it no longer locks at 90 degree increments..  :(       but with
enuf practice and setting it up at a specific point it will end up at the
proper spot.....

sooo..  I took it to work to mill some flats on the rotor and to my
suprize...  the rotor consists of a steel shaft,   an aluminum core with a
cylindrical solid magnet   nope  not split  not multiple parts  but a
single magnet...  okayy..  I still went and put it on the mill and tried to
mill flats on it...   guess what...  this "magnet" is harder than stainless
steel and will roll over the cutting edges of our best 4 flute milling
bits..   so much for milling flats...

if you dont mind pre-positioning the rotor before turning it on, then this
is a good motor for the money    but its not exactly what we need
....    sorry for getting everyones hopes up...

live n learn....     but hey  its still 1800   rock solid rpm   :)

Scot  D