Re: Re: Hi Power Discharge "Disruptive"

Original poster: "mercurus2000" <mercurus2000-at-cox-dot-net>

 > I think Tesla wasn't very bright or competent compared to
 > others of his time.  He had plenty of imagination and vision
 > but lacked the skills necessary to filter out the bad ideas,
 > or to make a success of the good ones.   I would say he was
 > a master of muddled, wishful thinking, falling well short of
 > the 'genius' category.
 >
 > If you want a genius to admire, there are plenty of first
 > class candidates from that era.
 >
 > --
 > Paul Nicholson
Well short of "genius"? You do know he invented the alternator, and helped
push the AC current everyone in the world uses today? He invented modern
radio as well, don't believe me check the patents and ask the US Supreme
Court, Marconi was nothing but a rich hack. He also invented a turbine that
used a very novel design, was very efficient and ran at incredibly high
speeds, with it you could get 110 horsepower from a turbine the size of a
top hat. Back then unfortunately there weren't materials of high enough
strength to withstand the speed a wear from the turbine so it never really
got off the ground, today a few companies are reinvestigating the turbine
since the required materials are now readily available. Tesla also designed
the first VTOL aircraft.(check patents). He was also a pioneer of diathermy,
a technique that only came into being from his patents. Those are but a few
of his contributions. Let's also not forget the Tesla Coil. Saying this
inventor falls short of "genius" is as close to saying a blatant lie as you
can get. Edison was nothing but a inventor-swallower, he mostly hired
inventors to make things for him, putting his name on them afterwards, and
Marconi stole Tesla's patents and modified them, just a rich hack with the
financial backing from his rich family.
Adam