SSTC, what to build!

Original poster: "Kreso" <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>

Well i figured out i do not have a reliable small SSTC for demostrations (
friends callin all the time :)).

So i decided to build a toy only for my self ( like Dan Stroher Elesyum).

Im thinking about 2 designs:

Stewe Ward-s mini SSTC

+ Autotune, interupter
-Not reliable ( never worked good for me)

Richie-s TL494

+Reliable, never killed a fet
- no interupter, i have to retune it before evry run

What do you suggest? I buyed a plasmasonic board and completed it all (
Thnaks Terry ) but it seems like this project is going to be abused forever
because i cannot get that FET-s. 30$ per piece is expensive (+ customs 72
% ) wih. Is there a way to find these fets more inexpenisve?

Thanks for any answers.

Best Regards

Kreso Bukvic