Re: Coil size to faraday cage size ratio

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren1-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

The science museum (Scitech) whose coil I upgraded has a Faraday cage which
with support gear for interference suppression and switching cost around
AUD$20,000.  It was formally tested originally for EMI many years ago on
the original smaller coil and passed. They took a lot of care with edge
seals to prevent the thin door gap being an antenna. The wire is quite
solid as well.
http://tesladownunder.iinet-dot-net.au/Tesla%20display.htm
I have made one myself for a public display at 8ft per side cube of chicken
wire and it prevented a fluoro light from lighting up, admittedly a very
insensitive test.
http://tesladownunder.iinet-dot-net.au/tesla_coil_sparks.htm

Peter (Tesla Downunder)
http://tesladownunder.iinet-dot-net.au