Re: drsstc

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

-
Subject: RE: drsstc

 > Original poster: "Jan Wagner" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>
 >
 > Here's a paper from IEEE that has some calculations on power and current,
 > that you could also use as a starting point:
 >
 >    http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/electr/tmp/01296120.pdf

I don't understand this paper.

  A 1.5kV about 100uF cap that dissipates almost most 0.5MW at 5kHz at
1.5kVpk that's 6,000A

What are they using, salt water bottle caps with the sea water pumped thru
to cool them!! LOL

Perhaps they don't know about the Panasonic caps or I missed something.

Just to stay on topic it would make a large SSTC  with 1MW cont. output.
A curious configuration too parallel tuned circuit with an inductor in the
DC power line.

I checked the paper again. It does have the right order for the R of the C
but the dissipation in the cap looks orders too high.

Bob