Re: Terry's DRSSTC

Original poster: "Steve Ward" <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey Terry,

glad to see you are working on your own DRSSTC!  Hopefully you will
figure out more about them with your experiments.  Im interested to
see how your "normal" secondaries work compared to the secondaries i
use, which tend to have lower Q and many more turns than normal.

Im also glad to see you propped your VTTC on its side to see that
vertical sparks work horizontally too ;).  Many people have questioned
me on that.  I usually just turned the breakout point sideways to
prove that it is really directed mostly by the point, but you went all
the way on your test :).  I cant wait to build my next VTTC... this
one wont be a back breaker though, you would be hard pressed to find
any iron in its construction, but power should be plentiful (2kw
continuous maximum output is planned).

Im also indirectly working towards getting the huge DRSSTC built by
getting back into the DRSSTC work with my winter break approaching!  I
wonder how those bricks will enjoy 20F ambient temperatures :-)... at
least they well be happy as i freeze my hands off.

Steve

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:38:05 -0700, Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Original poster: "McCauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx> > > Excellent work Terry. Looking forward to see what kind of output you > can produce with your coil. > Seems there has been a lull in DRSSTC work in the past few months on > both this group and 4hv.org > > Dan > > > >Hi All, > > > > > >I have been working on "my" DRSSTC :-) I have Dan's Resonant > >Driver Board > >put together without too many left over parts ;-) Real nice > >stuff Dan has > >figured out! > > Terry > >