Re: x-ray with small Tesla coil as driver

Original poster: "Jack Vandam" <snotoir7674g-at-mindspring-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
 >
  >........A note on the subject of small X-ray tubes.  I have one with a 2"
bulb
 > which was made by a friend of mine.....  By carefully playing around with
the pressure I can get it to
 > produce a reasonable X-ray flux operating from a 1" spark coil, but when
 > I hooked it to a small TC it almost melted into a puddle!
 >
 > Ed

Hi Ed,

I'm curious, what almost melted into a puddle- your tube or the TC?  I never
had this problem when I did my x-ray experiments several years ago.  I used
a 5" spark Tesla coil to drive the incandescents for up to 5 min.  The bulb
would get a little warm, but that was all.

Jack