Frau formular and a streamer model with L as an output

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hi all,

Streamer growth is believed to occur over several cycles of voltage.

Now a starting approximation for the energy dissipated in a streamer would
be that its proportional to length and time.
If we assume the streamer grows linearly

Then the energy E dissipated for a given length l would be given by:

E = P* l *(0.5*l*t)  where P is the power dissipated per unit of length and
t is the time to reach length l

If we rearrange for L and assume a constant for t this would produce an
equation of the same form as Frau.

  The next thing to do is generate a circuit element whose output  is l. It
may be a none linear and obviously time dependent.
I starting point would be a fixed resistor and the streamer length would be
equal to the energy dissipated times a constant.

Perhaps something like neon light with a striking voltage equal to the
break out voltage and a lower glow voltage. Presumably with a series R and
perhaps C
The total energy dissipation times a constant would give the streamer length.

Bob