Re: Best, easy way to protect NST?

Chokes can be used but may form a resonance with your xmfr's capacitance.
It's better to use a "Terry filter" developed by Terry Fritz.  This uses a
combination of caps, varisters, and resistors and does a great job of Q
spoiling the RF that is trying to get from your tank circuit into your NST
secondary.

Dr. Resonance