Re: possible sources for sheet lead and mineral/ transformer oil?

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I once did some work in a new radiation therapy wing
of a hospital, where all the walls were covered with
lead shielding. Penetrations for power and I&C were
trickey. I have no idea where the wall folks got their
lead, but I'll bet it wasn't McMaster - Carr. They're
great for finding lots of odd items, but most of their
stuff is way overpriced.

I don't remember how much you're looking for, but you
may could see if any of your neighborhood hospitals
with radiation therapy remember who did their work,
then try and track down the sub who did the walls, and
who their supplier was. This shielding may also be
used for radiologists too.

good luck
Adam