RE: GeoTC and Spice netlists

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >And voila'! Now I can pick up "thors" as any other usual component
 >symbol.

Thanks Marco! I don't think I would have figured that one out =/

 >Note that thors.cir is too complex for Microsim evaluation version. It
 >won't simulate. You need the genuine Orcad licence or another Pspice
 >tool.

Hmm. Even if you can find a tool that will simulate it, it could be awfully
slow. I do literally dozens of simulations at a time for DRSSTC tuning.
It'll probably be best to stick with the lumped or transmission line models
for these sims.

However, for planning that TRSSTC magnifier it might be a different story :)
It would be fascinating to be able to see exactly what the primary current
would do if the extra coil arced back to its own base (as often seems to
happen) I doubt a lumped model would give the right answer here!

A good free Spice tool for Windows is LTSpice (also known as SWCad) you can
download it from Linear Technology website. It will simulate any size of
circuit. There is no native Linux version but it will run under the Wine
emulator.

We use it at work because we're too tight-fisted to buy Orcad, and I have
used it for modelling TCs. However I prefer to use PSpice for coil work so I
can share .sch files with others.

Steve C.