Re: Sources for spun aluminum toroids

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

 > The commercial manufacturers of spun toroids are:
 >
 > 2. O.W. Landergren Inc. in Pittsfield, Massachusetts (see
 > www.owlandergren-dot-com)
 >
 > 3. Ross Engineering in Campbell, California (see
 > www.rossengineeringcorp-dot-com)
 >
 > The products from the last two sources are of world-class quality but you
 > better be prepared to pay for it!
 >
 > Other "sources" purchase toroids from one of these three actual
 > manufacturers and sell them with some markup in price.

I would stay away from the Ross Engineering toroids.  Their prices of
toroids (which are substandard construction compared to the O.W. Landergren)
are more than
twice the cost for the same quantity from O.W. Landergren.

I received a recent quote of the 24" x 6" toroids from O.W. Landegren for
approx. $280 (i have to get the quote to get actual price) each in single
quantities while
Ross Engineering (who makes toroids that have a seam - pressed halves not
seamless like O.W. Landergren) quoted about the same price for a single half
of a similarily
sized toroid.  So two halves to make one toroid was approx. $550.00

Dan