Re: NST insulator

Don't replace the broken insulator if you are on a tight budget.  Just
carefully follow the wire back into the case, solder on a long piece of neon
sign HV wire, and then run this wire out of the case and directly to your
sparkgap.

Another choice would be to return your xmfr to the supplier or file a claim
with the shipper (UPS or who ever the shipper was).  They can pay for the
new insulator which you can obtain directly from Franceformer.

Dr. Resonance
-dot-com>

 > Hi,
 >
 > Usually the insulator protrudes well into the case so it is not easy just
 > to remove or replace.  The insulators are far over designed and really
made
 > to work with frost and such on them.  So pretty significant damage may not
 > hurt the function all all.  Personally, I would just epoxy it and not
worry
 > much about it.
 >
 > I hear a lot about insulator damage from E-bay and other shipped NSTs.
The