Re: Fear factor, was No frequency Splitting with a parallel primary

Original poster: "Bunny Killer" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

:)    ""constructive"???   lots of people here on the list use them for
Tesla coiling ...   I used one to supply power for a flashtube type
laser...   worked very well  lots of voltage and current to supply the cap
for nearly quasi continious wave lasing action...   but it was hell on the
flash tube  ( tube was rated for 10 Hz  I was pumping it at 120Hz) even tho
it was water cooled it still got mighty hot   actually boiled the water in
the flash chamber...   you could see bubbles on the interior  of the exit
tubing

others use MOTs for inductive purposes  ( limiting current to bigger
transformer set(s)...

Scot D