Re: x-ray with small Tesla coil as driver

Original poster: "Jack Vandam" <snotoir7674g-at-mindspring-dot-com>

If it's that low in output, I'm surprised I could get anything at all, even
with film.  I have to admit, I have wondered about the advertised "50 Kv"
because that normally to me means about a two inch spark length, and I only
obtain 1" sparks from this unit.  At first, I thought the very high
frequency of the coil (about 1 Mhz) had something to do with it though.

Jack

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >

 > If you use a series of Varo VG-20X high speed diodes you could rectify the
 > output and get even better X-rays.
 >
 > The Science First TC true output is only 19.5 kV.  We measured it once.
 >
 > Dr. Resonance
 >  >
 >  > I've had a small Science First 50 Kv Tesla coil for quite some time.
This