Re: x-ray with small Tesla coil as driver

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"This effect is common with high vacuum tubes.  The tube becomes a
"rectifier" and X-ray producer combined.  The green glow, as you
indicated,
is usually a tipoff.  It also means you're getting hit with X-rays.  Use
extreme caution.

Dr. Resonanc"

	I have a very old large "soft" X-Ray tube here.  Before I accidently
punctured a seal and let all of the vacuum out it gave copius X rays
when I connected it to a small TC.  The bulb fluoresed a light yell
(almost straw color) and not the usual green.

	Does anyone here know a good glass blower who might undertake to try to
repair the seal and repump the thing?  It's VERY old glass and probably
extremely fragile now.  I seem to remember asking this question before
and getting some suggestions but never followed up.

Ed