Re: MOT Charging reactor

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

 > Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>
 >
 >  >I assume the laminations are interleaved
 >
 > They're not :) Well not in any MOTs I've seen anyway. The E's are all
welded
 > together into a block, then the I's are welded together likewise, finally
 > the E's are welded to the I's. It just takes two hacksaw cuts to separate
 > them, then you can reassemble the thing with an air gap if you like.
 >
 > I'm only familiar with the newer MOTs, the old ones might be interleaved.
 >
 > Steve C.

Wow I did not know that some are not interleaved. That makes the hacksaw job
quick and it has a suitable winding.

I have been getting the lams out of old florescent light ballasts. The lams
are just clipped together and not interleaved but the windings are probably
not suitable plus you have to get the pitch of them.

Bob