Re: Weird safety gap behaviour

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Someday....  Somebody, needs to measure out an NST's core dimensions,
number of turns, etc, so we can do the math on the core, shunts, air
gaps
and all to try and figure out what is really going on magnetically
inside
and NST...  Sort of reverse engineer the thing magnetically and then
maybe
we would know a bunch more...

I think Gerry has an NST he is depotting.  I have one but I don't know
the
original specs at all...  We just need the basic data, and it is all
"easy"
first year EE stuff then...

Cheers,

          Terry"

	Good idea, although some of the guys hear apparently think that
"turns/volt don't really matter" .  Rather than counting turns it would
be possible to sneak a few turns of small wire around the primary
somehow and measure the voltage and scale from that.

	No one has explained why that transformer didn't die!!!!!!  (Or did
it?)

Ed