Re: Cheesehead III

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

Terry Blake was taking pictures like mad, so I guess they will be up on his
site when he gets the time.  The Big Bruiser was almost ready.  Dr. R was a
little too short on time like I was with my new 6".  My 6" had only a rough
guess at tap point and the Terry filters set with no spark in the main gap
yet, when I arrived at Cheesehead.  The hysterisis SRSG would finally sync
at almost the dropout voltage for the motor, so I need to strobe the rotor
and adjust shaft position.  Then tunning should be much easier.  While
running rough, the pair of 12/60's were drawing up to 25A, and current was
very high, charring the phenolic rotor some around the pins. Once the rotor
would phase correctly, current on the NST's would drop to 12-15A.  It's not
the most amount of fun I could have hoped for, but at least it made some 1
footers without totally destroying itself.

David E Weiss