Re: NR- CW- SSTC

Original poster: "Steve Ward" <steve.ward-at-gmail-dot-com>

Shaun,

This sounds quite interesting and there have been at least 1 other
person that i know of that did about the same thing.  Richie Burnett
did a test like this once and i inquired about it.  He told me that
you need an extremely tough capacitor to handle the very high RMS
currents and at those frequencies, its rough.  He claimed about 32"
sparks from a rather small secondary coil.  I, of course, was
interested immediately and did experiment a little bit, but didnt get
too far yet (perhaps my lashup was just a bit too sloppy ;-)).

So is there any chance of getting any pics?  Dont have a friend with a
digital camera?

I guess i will just have to try it again on my own and get some pics ;-).

One thing im wondering about is, what size toroid are you using?

Steve