Re: The toob finally sets...

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Terry,

On 12 Sep 2004, at 18:18, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Well,
 >
 > My 19 inch Toob monitor finally blew out the blue gun, so I am using a
 > 19 inch LCD now...  No more X-rays ;-))
 >
 > Plasma and LCD TV screens are still pricey, but with time...  Of
 > course, all TVs are overpriced ;o))
 >
 > Solid state Tesla coils are pushing 5 to 10 feet!!!
 >
 > Not sure if the military uses toobs in radar still...
 >
 > Only the audiophiles and microwave ovens seem to "need" toobs now
 > ;-)))

Don't forget guitarists the world over ;)  For high powered apps in
the hostility of space they would be hard to beat - rad-hardened and
they don't need glass or metal envelopes up there. One might even
arrange for them to be "directly heated" by the sun in some way.
Perhaps the outer wall would be the cathode instead of the inner
column.

Malcolm