Re: Coil Doesn't Fire

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi,

On your gap, watch that it does not get too warm or it will melt the
plastic.  It sounds like you are out of tune.  Start on the outer turn and
work in one turn at a time, and see which turn gives the best spark.  Then
work back and forth on that turn for fine tunning.  If then you are still at
2" then you will have to add to or subtract from your capacitance and try
again.  Your capacitors are on the small side for MMC building, but they are
the good Panasonic ones and are perfect sized for Terry filters.  The .1-.15
uF ones would be best for MMC building.

David E Weiss