Re: SRSG Phase Control

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 9/19/04 10:44:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Adam,
>
>I've used the phase controller at 240 bps but not at 480 bps.
>At 240 bps the controller lets you adjust for equal bang size.
>When the bang size is equal, the sound of the coil will change
>to a 240 bps sound.  When it's out of adjustment, it will sound
>like 120 bps.  The ear seems to detect the loudest bang.  At
>least that's what I found when I tried it.  The spark length didn't
>change much however as the phase was adjusted if I remember
>correctly.  I think Ed Sonderman uses a system of this type and
>perhaps he'll give some comments.
>
>Cheers,
>John Freau

John,

I do run the rotary gaps on both my 3" and 6" coil at 240 bps.  As you
said, the performance is about the same as 120 bps.  At 240 bps, they just
seem to run smoother and the rotary gap (moving) electrodes don' t get as hot.

Ed Sonderman