Coil Doesn't Fire 2

Original poster: JBarrett-at-trumbullcorp-dot-com

Hey Guys,
This past weekend I experimented with many of the suggestions everyone
posted but my coil is still DOA. Some of the things I tried include:
1-Adjusted Spark Gap from 1/8" and wider until gap would not fire.
Result: Minimal improvement.

2- Move the primary tap around in 1/4" increments.
Result: Works best at about 12.5 turns or greater

3-Move primary higher up around the coil from more overlap.
Result: Made things worse. Almost no spark.

4-Rewound primary so the inner radius was 1" away from secondary.
Result: Made things worse.

I really believe the biggest problem is the caps are way to small. The
spreadsheet I used for my calcs shows a 0.007uf Cap is best and I'm at
0.006uf. I think that I don't have a good understanding of this aspect of
design.

Another response I received delt with coupling of the coil. Here too I
could use some input.

Finally I am going to take everybody's advice and build another cap bank
with either Panisonic or CD 942's. Additionally I plan to build a static
spark gap with copper pipes.
Thanks Guys for the info. KEEP IT COMING!
Jim