Re: Old Filaments

Original poster: "Ray von Postel" <vonpostel-at-comcast-dot-net>

Hi Rich:
Well I wouldn't say that not following my suggestion is a wrong thing.
It may or may not help. I usually start with about 1 (volt) on the filament
and then increase it about a volt at a time for at least 8 hours, sometimes
24 hours or more.

You have a choice of either 5 or 10 volts  on the 304 TL/TH series of tubes
since they have two separate filaments in one envelope.
Commercial practice seems to have been to use a 5 volt transformer with a
center tap.  I havn't had any experience with connecting the filaments in
series, 10 volt,  and using the junction as the "center tap" to ground.
Good luck
Ray